Scott T. Horn is a founding partner of the Manhattan-based law firm of Mischel & Horn, P.C. He devotes his practice exclusively to civil appeals and has prolific appellate results over the past 25 years.
Mr. Horn has achieved an unparalleled level of success presenting appeals on behalf of both individuals and institutions before various state and federal appellate courts, and has a prolific record of success over the past 25 years.
Widely regarded as a leader in appellate law, Mr. Horn has published numerous articles and conducted lectures and seminars on a variety of topics related to appellate advocacy and effective appellate practices. Recognized for his high ethical standards and exceptional legal skills, he has earned several awards and honors throughout his career, including consistently being selected to the NY Metro Super Lawyers list and since 2002, he has been AV Preeminent peer-review rated* through Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Horn graduated from New York University with a Bachelor of Arts in political science, and went on to earn his Juris Doctor from St. John's University School of Law.
He is admitted to practice by the New York State Bar Association, along with the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Mr. Horn began his illustrious legal career with the Appellate Division, Second Judicial Department, which is one of the busiest appellate courts in the United States. He served as a Senior Appellate Court Attorney, and as the Principal Law Secretary to an Associate Justice of the Court. He credits the invaluable experience he gained with giving him the insight to better service his clients.
Active in his legal community, he is a member of St. John's school of Law Alumni Association, Columbian Lawyers Association, New York State Bar Association, and The New York State Trial Lawyers Association.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Appeals
- New York, 1992
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1997
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1997
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1997
- St. John's University School of Law, Jamaica, New York
- J.D. - 1991
- New York University
- B.A. - 1988
- Major: Political Studies
- Guest Lecturer, Appellate Advocacy, St. John's University School of Law, 2003 to Present
Honors and Awards
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers Magazine, New York, Metro Edition
- New York Times Top Attorneys in Metro New York, October 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- Brooklyn Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Columbian Lawyers Association, First Judicial Department
- St. John's School of Law Alumni Association
Past Employment Positions
- Appellate Division, Second Judicial Department, Senior Court Attorney, 1991 to 1993
- Hon. Associate Justice Vincent Pizzuto, Appellate Division, Second Judicial Department, Law Secretary, 1993 to 1996