- Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Premises Liability
- Labor Law Liability
- Matrimonial Litigation
- Medical Malpractice
- Motor Vehicle Liability
- Constitutional Law
We will thoroughly examine how your case was handled – or mishandled – and will fight for vindication of your rights.
The attorneys at Mischel & Horn, P.C., have clerked for appellate judges. We know what to look for to get a case reopened and qualified for an appeal. We will review all the facts of your original case and how it was handled in determining an opportunity for an appeal, such as:
- Was evidence handled improperly?
- Was illegal search and seizure a factor in your case?
- Were police procedures followed?
- Were you read your Miranda rights? Were any of your rights not protected?
- How did your lawyer handle your case?
- Was there legal malpractice in missed deadlines or incompetent representation?
- Was anything overlooked?
- Did police bias play a part?
- Is there new evidence to consider?
- Are there new tests such as DNA testing that could prove your innocence?
Our attorneys are thorough and knowledgeable in criminal appeals, which is why we win so many cases.
Are You A Lawyer Facing Disciplinary Proceedings?
Trusted With Referrals
Many of our criminal and civil appeals work comes into our firm because other lawyers regularly refer clients to us. They trust us. They know our reputation. They know we have the experience to achieve the best outcomes for their clients.
Whether you are seeking appeal on a civil or criminal case, we can assist you in cases such as these:
- Post-verdict or post-judgment proceedings
- Habeas corpus
- Coram nobis
- Professional disciplinary proceedings for attorneys
Understanding The Appellate Process
Headed by former appellate court law clerks, Mischel & Horn has a profound understanding of the appellate courts. Our attorneys leverage nearly one-hundred years of combined appellate experience to craft forceful and persuasive presentations. We provide our clients with much more than our in-depth legal research, sophisticated analysis, and effective advocacy – we deliver a fresh perspective and an objective analysis of the litigation landscape. Our understanding of the appellate process is like no other. Our track record speaks for itself.