Recent Criminal Decisions
- October 22, 2015 - M&H wins reversal of manslaughter conviction and dismissal of the charge from New York’s highest court
- July 14, 2015 - M&H successfully defends attorney on disciplinary matter
- February 4, 2015 – M&H Wins Reversal of Second Degree Murder Conviction
- February 4, 2015 – M&H Wins Confirmation of Special Referee’s Report in Attorney Disciplinary Hearing
- October 3, 2012 - M&H Wins Reversal of First Degree Manslaughter Conviction
- June 13, 2012 - M&H Wins Reversal of Robbery Conviction
- August 23, 2011 - M&H Wins Reversal of Conviction for Murder in the Second Degree
- December 28, 2010 - M&H Wins Reinstatement to Bar After 30 Years
- June 1, 2010 - M&H Wins Dismissal of Attempted Rape in the First Degree
- May 26, 2009 - M&H Wins Early Termination of Federal Supervision and Reinstatement
Bold labels are required.
New York Appellate Lawyers
Mischel & Horn, P.C., offers experienced and skillful representation in disciplinary proceedings in New York and New Jersey for attorneys facing complaints and the possible imposition of discipline including public censure, suspension or disbarment. Attorney Richard E. Mischel has 25 years of experience representing attorneys in disciplinary matters. He also represents applicants seeking admission to practice in New York and New Jersey or reinstatement to the Bar after disbarment or a period of suspension.
To schedule a consultation with Mr. Mischel, contact Mischel & Horn through this Web site or by phone. Mr. Mischel appears in disciplinary proceedings on behalf of attorneys who are seeking to avoid the imposition of discipline, files reinstatement petitions for attorneys who have been suspended or disbarred, and appears on behalf of attorneys seeking reinstatement before disciplinary or grievance committees, committees on character and fitness, and the appellate courts.
Pre-Disciplinary Charge Counsel
When legal professionals are criminally charged, attorney Richard E. Mischel advises trial counsel regarding criminal dispositions to avoid later disciplinary charges that could result in disbarment. In addition, strategies employed in reaching a disposition in a criminal case can often yield favorable results when reinstatement petitions are filed.
Reinstatement Following Disbarment
Attorney Richard E. Mischel has successfully represented suspended and disbarred attorneys seeking reinstatement to the Bar in New York and New Jersey. In some cases, the applicants for reinstatement, either representing themselves or represented by other counsel, had been denied reinstatement by the Court in one instance five times and in another three times.
To schedule a consultation to discuss strategies for reinstatement or any other aspect of professional disciplinary proceeding representation, contact New York appeals law firm Mischel & Horn, P.C..