Recent Criminal Decisions
- October 22, 2015 - M&H wins reversal of manslaughter conviction and dismissal of the charge from New York’s highest court
- July 14, 2015 - M&H successfully defends attorney on disciplinary matter
- February 4, 2015 – M&H Wins Reversal of Second Degree Murder Conviction
- February 4, 2015 – M&H Wins Confirmation of Special Referee’s Report in Attorney Disciplinary Hearing
- October 3, 2012 - M&H Wins Reversal of First Degree Manslaughter Conviction
- June 13, 2012 - M&H Wins Reversal of Robbery Conviction
- August 23, 2011 - M&H Wins Reversal of Conviction for Murder in the Second Degree
- December 28, 2010 - M&H Wins Reinstatement to Bar After 30 Years
- June 1, 2010 - M&H Wins Dismissal of Attempted Rape in the First Degree
- May 26, 2009 - M&H Wins Early Termination of Federal Supervision and Reinstatement
Bold labels are required.
New York Civil Appeals Attorneys
The New York civil appeals attorneys at the appellate law firm of Mischel & Horn, P.C., are dedicated to appellate litigation. As a result of decades of experience in state and federal appellate proceedings, civil appeals attorneys Richard E. Mischel and Scott T. Horn possess a unique insight into the appellate process and a long track record of success in a wide variety of civil appellate matters.
Mr. Mischel and Mr. Horn have more than 50 years experience in appellate litigation. Each has served with distinction as a law clerk for individual appellate judges and they have successfully represented clients in a variety of complex civil matters, including:
- Commercial litigation
- Contracts litigation
- Real estate transactions
- Labor Law liability
- Premises liability
- Medical malpractice
- Dental malpractice
- Employment discrimination
- Class-action litigation
- SEQRA proceedings
- Administrative proceedings
Mischel & Horn offers unique insight into the appellate process to its individual and institutional clients.
Analysis • Prosecution • Response • Motions
Our firm is well qualified to offer experienced analysis of the merits of a potential appeal. Interested parties and trial attorneys alike are encouraged to contact Mischel & Horn, P.C., to schedule a consultation.