The approval of new statewide rules for the New York Supreme Court Appellate Division, one of which reduced from nine months to six the period for perfecting appeals, is expected to result in the automatic dismissal of a passel of civil appeals not perfected by Sept. 14.
- March 31, 2020 – A Boon To The Bar: NYS Court of Appeals Limits Scope of Judiciary Law § 487 In Lawsuits Against Counsel
- When is an error of law grounds for an appeal?
- What is a mistake of fact?
- Second Department Rules That Even On A Friday, “Overnight Delivery” Means Exactly That
- Understanding a lawyer’s conflict of interests